1. The basics of a well-built garden
Picture essay: GRAND ILLUSIONS IN SMALL SPACES
2. Floors for a great outdoors
Picture essay: DECKS: VARIED, VERSATILE AND INVITING
3. Ins and outs of fences and walls
4. Raising a roof for shelter or storage
Picture essay: MAN-MADE SHADE FOR PLANTS OR PEOPLE
5. Finishing touches with a flourish
Picture essay: PAINTING THE NIGHT WITH LIGHT
6. An encyclopedia of garden designs and materials
Characteristics of 27 materials
above: In a California location, a redwood deck, built on two levels to accommodate
the slope of this garden, surrounds the four-branched trunk of a magnificent
centuries-old California live oak. In the foreground, highlighted by colorful Cleyera
japonica, railroad ties serve as steps for a path of crushed stone that
leads to the deck.
Articles in this Guide are based on now-classic Time-Life
Encyclopedia of Gardening Series from the 1970s ... a timeless
series, some titles of which are still available in libraries and bookstores...
see our Amazon
Store for purchasing options.
Prev. (none) | Next
Top of page HOME