|Home | FAQ | Finishing | Sump Pumps | Foundations|
2. Technical competence of the contractors : Complex building types
3 Managing customers: Policyholder contact -- a staged approach; FAQs
5. A general guide to basement and flooded building drying: Minimum drying standards; Primary and secondary damage; Triage, clearance and cleaning.
6. Health/safety in wet basement and building flood damage repair: Primary legal standards applicable; Overall recommendations for flood repairs.
7. Equipment for drying homes, offices and buildings: Types of dehumidifier; Refrigerant dehumidifiers; Desiccant dehumidifiers; Convection drying
8. How to dry basements, foundations and buildings: Establishing a drying program; Key factors in the drying process; Importance of monitoring; High temperatures; Vulnerable materials; Common problems
9. Monitoring the drying process: Monitoring equipment; Certificate of drying; Report of flooding event; Report of repairs to flood damaged property
11. Standard (domestic) insurance coverage: The insurance contract; The policy excess; Policy conditions and exclusions; Prompt notification; Non-disclosure; Sum insured; Maintenance and repair; Flood resilient repairs
12. Small businesses: Freehold, leasehold and tenancy issues; Scope of private/commercial insurance policies; Claims process
13. Identifying/managing the flooding risk at a property: Susceptibility of contents and equipment; Susceptibility of buildings and fittings; Risk surveys; Flood event procedures; Using flood protection products - a guide for purchasers
14. Flood protection / flood mitigation products: Existing standards; Other types of flood protection products; Underwriting and risk;
References and useful websites and other sources of information
|Top of Page | Home | Prev: (none) | Next: Introduction||Related Articles|