products Resources: Message Board/Forum, Books, Glossary How To and DIY guides and articles

Glossary of Home/Building Structural Components

A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z

The following terms define Building and Machine Parts

- M -

moldboard: flat or curved blade that pushes material aside as machine advances.

molding: wood strip with curved or decoratively cut surface.

mortise: notch or hole in wood that holds fitted tenon to form joint.

mullion: narrow bar that divides small windowpane glass or screen; vertical framing member that separates adjacent doors or windows.

muntin: wood member that separates glass panes in door or window.